My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, September 24, 2010

"Let the sun shine in"




So, Tuesday night I put on facebook:

"It's always darkest just before dawn."

And man oh man was it DARK just then!!
work = hard and crappy
home = hard and crappy


Late yesterday afternoon we found peace at home and the first rays of light started to glow.....

Then out of nowhere, for no *apparent* reason I asked a facebook aquaintance (you know one of those a friend of a friend folks) if she was looking for a nurse.....and the sky became colorful.

Today before work I called the lady and we talked for over an HOUR!

The clouds are breaking and the horizon is full of rich hues in every color. I am basking in joyful anticipation of the glorious sunshine that's growing ever brighter and clearer.


We still have some details to work out so I won't go into specifics just yet. But know this:

In our every day lives same as in every day's sunrise, God is in control.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Sarah? Is it Shelley? I'll be so darn psyched if you two get to hang out together, it would be such a joy for me to know you two get to meet.

Prayers.

Sherry said...

God draws straight with crooked lines. I met Shelley because Zoe had a trache and I had had one. Zoe and Faith became fast friends at the school and Shelley and I did too. I met you because of the blog and the story of Paul and your children, and so when she moved to your neck of the woods, I wanted you two to meet (via facebook). Now, providence, Zoe needs a nurse --and Shelley could use the break! and lo, the two of you have met --The Holy Spirit guides us in all things. I've had my day made.

... said...

i'm glad the sun came out for you and i know you are one that enjoys and appreciates that sun. hope it all works out for you.

i try to live by the fact that the sun is always there. we definitely have cloudy days but the sun is still there - always is and always will be. those cloudy days make us appreciate the warmth and light even more.

have a great weekend and thanks for thinking about me.

Stephanie D said...

New job? Day shift? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Linda said...

Amen! Let's hope this all comes together for you soon!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Hoping and praying for a successful outcome!!! God Bless YOU!!!! OH! You've been tagged! Have a great day!!! Cathy

ellen b. said...

God is good...all the time.
I'll pray for the details...