My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, September 16, 2010

on my computer desk sits an envelope....

on the envelope is a list of numbers.....which correspond to pictures.

I know they haven't been blogged or the envelope would be thrown away....but it's sat here so long I don't remember what the pictures are of.....


shall we take a look?



Oh yes! The Heard Museum!



We DID finally make it there a few weeks ago and had a great time!


Sonshine really liked the life sized, moving, roaring Ice Age Mammals that you see above....however my other 2 were scared poop-less of the noise. Fortunately a nice lady heard my delimma and offered to walk Sonshine around the room and read him the names of each animal! She couldn't have been more sweet and I couldn't have been more grateful! I grabbed this one shot from the doorway with a kid screaming and dangling off of each of my legs!



We were much happier outside at the small zoo animal area. As you can see we got there right at feeding time.


Capybaras.....




an albino Racoon....





ring-tailed Lemurs (my favs...don't know why)......




Wallaroo.....



On through the butterfly garden and then it was time to hit the trails and burn off steam!


Stupid me, I just let the kids wander onto any old trail without looking to see how FAR it was first! Turned out we were on a 1 mile hike!! nice and downhill across the prairie....but it WASN'T a loop! you reached the end and had to turn around and go UPhill all the way home!


For most of the trail, (at least the first 3/4 of it) this was about all I saw of Gator-boy...




blow it up and see if you can spot him!



There were, however lots of nice companions to keep us company as we walked...




This girl loves her sticks! I'm telling ya.




Once we made it back to the building (and A/C) after a forced sit down we decided to head towards that scary room from the other end and see what we'd missed by screaming standing in the doorway.







Lots of very cool stuff over here!! (that doesn't make noise!)

I was shooing the troops away from this clam shell when I stopped and read the sign again!






Then we decided it was time to get some LUNCH!


Except two of us were otherwise occupied when it came time to place our order.......


(psst. extra points to the person who can deduce what restraunt we were at by looking at that picture.....closely)



It was a great time for me and my hooligan clan. We will definitely go back there. There's going to be a life sized roaring moving DINOSAUR display coming next month...and the weather should be great for trail blazing by then too!!



and now the envelope is gone....
it has been replaced by the receipt from OXO for EIGHT 5.5 quart air tight containers that I just bought, so we can buy flour in 50 lb bags.

Someone introduced my hubby to Costco...I won't name names...but SHE has TWO blogs....


Time for me to head to bed and try to get over this damn bronchitis. I've called in 2 nights so far this week. 1 was my overtime night and 1 I'll have to take PTO for. I'd really rather NOT call in again tonight. However, since I hear through the facebook-grapevine that JACHO (aka Joint Commission) has been at the hospital the last 2 days I'm not toooooo upset at missing the fun and games!!






click the pic to see some other wonderful places to visit!

7 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Wonderful!!! I had a grand time on your tour! Thank you for participating. I am so excited!!! Cathy

ellen b. said...

Wow! You really know how to tire the troops out. Did they wake up to eat their lunch. Nope I can't deduce where you were for lunch :0)
Loved all the photos!!
Thanks for sending me the link to Linda and her covered bridges...
And I'll have to show Dear the deep fried Guinness :0)

Hootin Anni said...

I loved this post. The photos are super fantastic. [I've never in my life seen an albino raccoon before]

Looks like the kids had a happy, wonderful day!!! Exhaustion set in on the way home. fun!!!

Great post.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hello fellow adventure tour link! What sweet children you have! The photo of your two boys sleeping in the car brought back memories to me as my children often would be fast asleep after a busy day out.

Hope you feel better soon!

Adrienne said...

Costco rocks!

Looks like fun. Remember the butterfly garden?

Adrienne said...

...and don't forget the toilet paper at Costco. Best deal, evah

And something tells me you guys go through a bunch (and no I'm not calling you sh***y - heh)

Lisa said...

I Love It! The zoo, the "bone museum" and a hike all in one day?! Why didnt you call us? We might seriously have driven all the way to your house to get in on a day trip like that! (You feelin better, btw? Lots of early season crud going around! Side-swiped us already, too.)