the makings of a great weekend!
as tonight is my last night of work I shall take score of my goals this week.
The goals were:
1) go to the gym 3 times, ride 7 miles. - well, I only made it once...but I rode 7.5 miles! 1st down, 10 yards.
2) make the baby blanket - it's almost finished! Just one more finishing touch and it'll be done. 1st down, 10 yards
3) get to the contact and bra stores - got my contacts!! was able to see Alice in 3D without wearing two pairs of glasses YES!, bras I'm still working on. 2nd down, 5 yards.
4) work on Gator's footprints - I did work on them...just a little, but some. 1st down, 10 yards
5) finish The Screwtape Letters - DONE!! I highly recommend this book! CS Lewis lays out every conceivable way that man wanders from God. I plan on reading it again...only this time with a highlighter and notepad in hand!
Now, for next week.....
1) give extra snuggles and tickles to Gator boy Thursday on his birthday. he missed being a St Patrick's Day baby by 2 hours and 44 min. To see some of his first pictures wander this direction.
2) get to that gym 3 times....this time my goal is 8 miles!
3) PARTY! in celebration of Sugars', Gator's, and my birthdays we're going to meet up with family at Chuck E Cheese...where a kid can be a kid...and so can a Mom! hahaha. Someone, Anyone please call me and remind me to take my CAMERA with me and take pictures so I'll have a fun blog post come Monday. A good time to call will be Sunday at about 11:30am. the party starts at 1pm.
4) Write something funny for this blog. I don't know if you've noticed (I have), ye ol blog's not as funny as it used to be. I mean, I've written some rather hilarious (at least to me) stuff over the years....here's hoping the well isn't quite dry but rather just waiting on a thunderstorm!
5) There are 2 prayers I want to memorize so I'm going to be working on that this weekend. (For you Catholics out there they are the Novena to St Philomena and the Hail Holy Queen. -- yes, yes, yes, I STILL don't know the Hail Holy Queen. primarily because I always FALL ASLEEP before I finish my Rosary!!)
So, there you have it! I am also in the process of compiling a list of fun places to take the kids in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex for this summer. I'd really like us to have an adventure every other week. :-)
what's your plan for this weekend??