So, anyone miss me this week??
I haven't felt well for about a week and the "storm" (read really cold with a bit of icey roads--enough to shut down all of Dallas) didn't help. Somehow or another I lost Monday entirely. Which I didn't realize till I looked at the calendar on the door and asked hubby what day it was as I had a very important MD apt on Monday morning...and he informed me it was Tuesday. From then on it's gone downhill. I missed the Tues goal post. They cancelled my RCIA class Tues night due to foul weather. I missed the Wednesday Hero post. I didn't look at my Google Reader at all Mon, Tues or Wed...we won't even discuss how full THAT became!
THEN, holy jehosifat would you believe I missed my Thesaurus Thursday post?? oi vey!
So! As I still feel sniffly and snotty and really needed to get my feet back on the ground before next week, I managed to get myself cancelled from work tonight. I was sposed to work Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri before having 5 nights off....so having this Fri off (2 nights off in a ROW!!) is a real nice thing to help me get my act back together before tackling next week's work schedule!
First in getting my act together was a long day's sleep!! aaahhhh, that felt good.
Next I rescheduled that MD appointment for Feb 11th--sigh
Then I sat here and read all the posts in my Google Reader. If you suddenly got a comment from me on a post you wrote Monday, well, now you know the backstory.
Now I am writing my posts for last week. This is going to segue into the Goal Post once I'm done rambling down my winding rabbit trails and I will get Thesaurus Thursday up later tonight.
Once that's all done I will again be oriented to Person, Place and Time and able to tackle the week ahead as it comes at me.
I have found that with having 34 blogs in my Google Reader I will frequently find about 50 posts a day waiting to be read. Having all these to read and still wanting to devote a portion of the night to either working or sewing has led me more than once to shorten the comments I leave per post. In many cases I will just leave a one word comment. This is more difficult than it sounds. So, I think that for my birthday I will have to ask for a Thesaurus. I mean, how many times can I leave "fabulous", "terrific" or "woo-hoo" as a comment? Tis just too boring. I should make a 1 word comment contest! I'll work out some rules and get back to you.
In the meantime, let's get our goals straightened out here. Remembering that it is now Saturday morning and I only have to Tues night to get them done my goals are...
1) start on my and Sugars' matching Easter dresses
2) post that award post that's been sitting in blogger forever
3) finish my reading for both last week's and this week's RCIA class.
4) make a list of all our VHS tapes that we want to replace with DVDs
5) make a book wish list for hubby for my upcoming birthday.
As for last week's goals....
1) frame that cross stitch! Did this before I got lost in time.
First Down! Ball's on the 40
2) finish the 2 posts that I have saved as drafts Done! First Down, Ball's on the 30 (this is how I've had something for you to read this week!)
3) work some more on Sugars' quilt Done! I have all 21 nickel sized yellow cirlces basted for the flower centers and 11 of the flowers basted...First Down, Ball's on the 20
4) get started on the Easter dresses. Fumble.
5) exercise 3 nights (sooner or later I'll actually get up to THREE nights a week, so far I'm averaging 1-2) Pass Intercepted by whatever time warp it is that I landed in this week. I'll get back to this for next week.
So, what are YOUR goals this week?
How're your goals coming? Here's the best I can do with what I know you've done.
1) draw plan for pictures and shelves
2) sweetly ask hubby and sons to hang pictures and shelves (the key word here is SWEETLY)
3) mark birthdays on new calendar and toss old one
4) begin to sort through papers to file vs papers to shred making 2 stacks
5) Spend time cheering up your Dad and Aunt who have both recently been released from jail. (my Crazy Grandaddy called the hospital jail whenever he got home we'd get an email saying "paroled again!")