My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, February 18, 2008

8,000 more or less!

Well, big hugs and congrats to my TWO winners!! The actual number 8,000 was me believe it or not so I'm gonna give my big hugs to Diane J. number 7,999 and Bumblevee, number 8,001.

So, Bumblevee asked me how I know who is what number hit. This is the information given to the blogowner by sitemeter. This is me. I used myself cause I don't want to tell more than necessary about my readers and because my DSL goes through Dallas which isn't where I actually live, so I can post this and still feel safe that no one will be knocking on my door from blog-land.


Domain Name swbell.net ? (Network)
IP Address 6.95.4.# (SBC Internet Services)
ISP SBC Internet Services
Location Continent : North America
Country : United States (Facts)
State : Texas
City : Dallas
Lat/Long : 32, -96 (Map)

Language English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System Microsoft WinNT
Browser Internet Explorer 7.0
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
Javascript version 1.3
Monitor Resolution : 1440 x 900
Color Depth : 32 bits

Time of Visit Feb 18 2008 12:56:00 am
Last Page View Feb 18 2008 1:37:29 am
Visit Length 41 minutes 29 seconds
Page Views 5
Referring URL http://www.blogger.c...=4945540383960735594
Visit Entry Page http://texassiren.blogspot.com/
Visit Exit Page http://texassiren.blogspot.com/
Out Click Site Meter
http://www.sitemeter...sp?site=s37mightymom
Time Zone UTC-6:00
Visitor's Time Feb 18 2008 12:56:00 am
Visit Number 8,000


I can take this info and match times to comments left along with what I know about folk to figure out who's who. I know that bumblevee lives in Canada and her out click page was the post a comment page. Then I look and see her comment voila! She's number 8,001.

You can see I've been online for awhile here, I am writing up a bunch of posts so I can quickly post throughout the week as I am working Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri nights this week. And I really want you folks to keep coming by to visit me :-)....

So, BIG HUGS to Diane and Bumblevee!! Thanks for reading my drivel!

3 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah....now what did we win?? hee hee!

Congrats to my co-winner, Bumblevee. ;o)

Carole Burant said...

Woohoo, congrats to Diane and Bumblevee:-) Yup, that's how I find out who visited when...by my Site Meter! lol Great little thing to have, isn't it. By the way, congratulations to YOU for reaching 8,000 visitors...keep it going:-) xox

Stephanie D said...

Okay, I'm gonna take your word for the sitemeter thing. A computer geek I am NOT! lol

congrats on the numbers!