My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, November 26, 2007

Tchaikovsky and me.

Well, now
Linda, you get to be Ms Smarty Pants this week!! Scroll down and take your prize from Diane dear.

Many of you have P. D. Q. Bach confused with Johann Sebastian Bach. I'm short on time here so I'm just gonna give you links. You can follow them to Wikipedia and find out for yourselves.

I played P. D. Q. Bach's Grand Serenade for an Awful Lot of Winds and Percussion in High School and absolutely fell in love with this twenty-first of Johann Sebastian Bach's twenty children. It is as much fun to play his music (if not more so) than to listen to it. One of the many things I remember is repeats or codas that go nowhere, and at one place all the woodwinds were to play musical chairs, literally change seats in the middle of the performance. Reading a piece of P. D. Q. Bach's music is a lot like a trip through the Winchester mansion that Sarah Winchester had built over 38 years. Constant surprises. (By the way, that's one of the places I'd like to see before I die.)

AAHHHH, whilest I was away from you good folks we had a BIRTHDAY!! and a BIG one it was too! As a matter of fact I currently have 24 cupcakes cooling in the kitchen which I will ice and sprinkle (before I head to bed) for Pre-school tomorrow. Well, 1/2 of them are for Pre-school, the other 1/2 are for US!! :-)

I just can't believe my BABY is 4 years old!! For those of you who haven't met us he's about 45 inches tall and about 45lbs. (ie HUGE) I'll have specifics next week after that dreaded 4 year old doctor's appointment.

I have to tell you my Sonshine is constantly surprising me. He's talking more and more and his little imagination has really sparked here recently.. which will make up tomorrow's Tiny Talk Post, so I'd better not steal my own thunder here.

On Friday my step-mom and I took the 3 hooligans to a benefit performance of the Nutcracker Suite ballet. My kids did GREAT! I was really impressed...and judging from the utter surprise in her voice when she told me she'd enjoyed herself..so was Mimi!! We left at intermission because I figured 1 hour of good behavior was probably all I could ask for and I decided to quit while I was ahead!

I said this was a benefit performance...it was to benefit folks with special needs. There were a ton of families with children of all ages there and many adults with special needs as well. (Hence the only reason I felt safe taking the hooligans in the first place.)

I got there about 10 min before Mimi and we stood by the doors watching folk arrive while waiting for her. This was a huge blessing for me!!!

Being the parent of special needs children is kind of an emotional roller coaster. We have periods of time when we're very happy and periods of time when we're very sad. I had been sad recently. I sometimes get weary of all the therapy, sad for the differences, and just plain tired of the work. (did I mention the sniveling?? it's driving me crazy!)

There's a song I heard years and years ago and if any of you fine folk can identify it please tell me where it comes from. It's all about giving people an attitude adjustment upside the top of your head.

Well, standing there watching family after family come in, some with obvious special needs and others without, I realized I have nothing to be sad about. God gave me an attitude adjustment upside the head right there in that lobby, let me tell you. Remember "P" ? My kids are Perfect. And I am one LUCKY MOMMY!

Thanks God!

5 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Well how great has it been at your house??

And the kids, yep perfect! I am so glad that they did so well, and I can't wait until tomorrow!!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

A very Happy 4th Birthday to Sonshine! :o)

Is your song, "Oops, Upside the Head"? Or maybe Hank, Jr.'s "Attitude Adjustment"?

Susan said...

As I've said many times, you are amazing!!!
Susan

Karen H. said...

Good Morning MightyMom,
"HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY" to Sonshine. I'm glad your kids did very good at the Nutcracker show. My youngest daughter is going this Thursday to see the Nutcracker Ballet. The 4th graders are going. You are an amazing woman MightyMom having your hands full. I do believe all children, whether special needs or not, have good days and bad day. I'm a grown woman and I have good days and bad days. I don't know the song you are talking about. I very seldom listen to the radio anymore. Well, take care my friend and have a great Tuesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

MightyMom said...

probably Hank Jr's attitude adjustment...I'd have to hear it to know..... :-)