My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Gonna Do It!!

I've known it was there forever.....

I've known I wanted to for six years....

I've known I could do it for over a year....

This year, I'm gonna DO IT!!

I'm gonna join my dear friend and fellow NICU Mom Shannon and Walk 5 miles in the Dallas March for Babies on April 16th!!

See that pic up there on my March of Dimes banner? That's my Gator-boy on his NICU graduation day!! For reference, it's my hand you see in the pic. And if you've never seen a NICU baby before, at 5 lbs and 5 oz he was considered BIG among the other NICU babies!!

Hard to believe that tiny thing is about to be SIX YEARS OLD!! **he's the stinker to the right on that Santa pic at the top**

So, if you'd donate I'd be grateful. I set my goal low to see what kind of response I get....I may up it later!

3 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Good for you!!! You go girl!! Have a grand weekend! Cathy

ellen b. said...

Way to go. It will be fun! I'm doing a 5K to raise money against Human Trafficking on May 7th!

Harry said...

Dress for the weather. Drink water. Don't forget to enjoy the walk.