My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, July 9, 2010

Vacation Day 4

1) Our clothes dryer started making an awful noise last night....so all the laundry I did with the intention of packing it today is hanging out to dry...on our back deck...in the rain.....

2) Mass. was better overall. I'm not quite sure what prompted the FOUR different ladies to individually encourage me to keep bringing the kids to Mass though. It was either Sugars' telling us all in her LOUDEST voice that "Gator's taking things from me!" or when she announced that she "Needs the Zebra Notepad!"....either that or it was during the most silent part of Mass -- the blessing of the Host-- when I was telling Sonshine he needed to kneel....and he announced to God and everyone (literally) that "I can't! My TOES HURT MOMMA! My toes hurt and I can't get on my knees!!!" (yes, Autism is fun!)

3) Subvet noted that I looked a bit rough around the edges after we got home from Mass and sent me off alone in search of a Proper Cup of Coffee, Made In a Proper Copper Coffee Pot. Which was, of course, exactly what I needed!

4) Since our dining room has been taken over by bits and pieces of the dryer. We had a picnic for lunch



at which the boys each ate about 2 meal's worth of food.....oi!



5) Meanwhile I finally managed to get all 490 pictures on my camera's memory card saved to CDs and deleted off the card....along with the 25 videos......So now I have an entire 1GB memory card free and clear to take LOTS of pictures on this weekend!!



6) Hubby bought 4 water shut off valves, 7 doors with assorted hardware, 2 sinks and faucets, and the drive belt needed to repair the dryer. I'm guessing he won't be too bored while we're gone this weekend!!

7) My plan for the night is to PACK our clothes, PACK each kid's in car goody bag, PACK the cooler, then PACK the car. Hoping for an 8am blastoff.....stay tuned.

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! And giggling at the Mass story.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh, do have a grand time...sounds like you're ready!!! God Bless!! Cathy

... said...

how nice of hubby to send you off for coffee. hope you got the dryer fixed.