My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday Thankfulness

Evansmom over at Just Sayin does a bit she calls Thankful Thursdays. Each Thursday she makes a list of things that she is thankful for that week. I happen to think this is THE BEST idea!!

Seeing as how I already have a regularly scheduled Thursday post (have you played yet??) I'm going to join her on Thankful Tuesday!! And I encourage you to join here on Tuesday and then go there on Thursday to double your weekly thankfulness!

Things I am thankful for:

I am thankful that I have a loving husband who will drop everything just to listen when I call from work to vent off my frustrations.

I am thankful that my kids are all starting to talk. Every week they are more intelligible.

I am thankful that I work with wonderful people.

I am thankful that our country has the potential to be an even greater place to live in the future.

I am thankful that I was born in America and never had to face choosing between a career, a family, or moving across the world in the hopes of a better life....as have many of my coworkers.

I am thankful that I got off my butt and walked the hospital floor for 15 min during the dead of the night tonight....for details see tomorrow's goal post!

I am thankful for all of the kind folks who leave comments on this blog and brighten my night.


There's my list...one for each day between today and next Tuesday. So, now it's your turn...what are you thankful for??

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

Nice list MM!

Subvet said...

My superhot wife who has the patience of a saint and puts up with my taste in movies.

... said...

awww... love subvet's comment.

we all really do have so much to be thankful for. i just received an update from my daughter's team and i am sooooo thankful for the update and knowing they are all okay.