My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh, yeah....GOALS!!

1) finish the wall hanging. bwahaha. not quite yet. I've gotten the Western Hemisphere done and am working my way over Antartica and her penguins...then I'll finish with EuroAsia and Austraila and the oceans in the East...quilt around the border and THEN I will be done...
5 yard gain. Second Down

2) hem the curtains with hubby nope. I'm not sure exactly why we haven't gotten to this yet. But there'll be time soon.

3) restring the yoyo bears....AGAIN. The thread held...it was the knots that came out. nope. frankly, it's not very high on my "want to" list...maybe later

4) work some more on the Thesaurus Thursday glossary heehee, by the time work is done tonight I plan to have done some of this goal...hint to successful goal setting...always have 1 that you can complete in a pinch right before you post about the goals so that you have SOMETHING done!!

:-)

next week??

1) finish the wall hanging
2) hem the curtains
this is sounding familiar....
3) cut the fabric for my sister's quilt
4) Thesaurus Thursday glossary
5) finalize my Lent plans

I have several things floating around in my head to do and to not do for Lent. I'm afraid of taking on ALL of them...yet they each have a specific purpose towards a goal I'm wanting to achieve. Some of them I've already started with moderate success. Others are waiting till after Mardi Gras!! I'll let you know how it ends up on Wed.

I also am going to start Lenten Accountability Posts on Saturday (LAPS) . Similar to these goal posts...but specific to my list of to dos and to not dos for Lent. It will probably bore you to tears, but will help to keep me on track. The number one reason I have been able to get so many goals finished so far this year is because I post them each week and then have to tell the world ("God and everybody") when I DON'T do them. It feels icky. I don't like feeling icky...so I make more of a point to get the silly things done. (we won't discuss this week.) Feel free to join in with your own LAPS if you want. I'd do a Mr Linky thing, but frankly he and I aren't getting along right now so just let us know in the comments if you plan to LAPS too.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You goal, girl!

Sorry, I'm tired and it's the best I've got at the moment ... and yeah, I know, my best is none too good!