My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, July 28, 2008

Thoughts for today

CLICK HERE AND PLAY THESAURUS THURSDAY.....OR ELSE!!



Is there anyone who actually likes to pay bills? I've got an idea, how about you save all your bills for the month and I balance your checkbook and pay your bills, then you do the same for me....maybe then it won't hurt quite so much to write those checks!

Note to self, getting out craft supplies and announcing that we are going to spend 15-20min making gifts to give away at Christmas is NOT a good *calm down just prior to going to bed* activity. Passing out Benadryl works much better. :-)


A good way to tell if folks are actually reading the emails you forward around is to send one with nothing but gibberish. Those who read them will write you back (even if you could swear they'd forgotten your email address) and ask what it was!!

5 days of >100 degree weather in a row makes for wild children and cranky Daddies (and Mommies)


Life is short. Hug often.



Remember my "You Might be a Mommy" post? I have another one to add.

If you've ever been too tired to figure out the knobs on the shower...you MIGHT be a Mommy.

Oh yeah. Here I am...in the shower one morning...um evening...whatever. The shower is a bit too cool. So I reach over and adjust the knobs. Couple min later it's still too cool, I adjust more...and again a few min later. Thinking that we're just out of hot water I hurry through the important parts and get out. I go to turn off the water....only to find that the hot is already all the way off and the cold all the way on. (I should note that I was in the same shower, in the same bathroom, in the same house that I have been in every day for the last 6 years). I do believe I was too tired to shower!!





Date Night was fun.

3 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

It's hotter than blue blazes here too, and humidity out the wazzoo. Ick.

That young'un is going to be pulling up and walking in no time! Get ready, Mom.

And pizza, Dr. Pepper, the stereo and a recliner/couch....sounds like a great date night to me too! ;o)

I like the shoes in the entertainment center...nice decorating touch, LOL! We have much the same kind of decorating touches around here too. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Susan said...

Had to laugh at the comment about the gibberish!!!!! See I do read your post!!!!
Susan

Linda said...

Yes, when something like that happens I think you may definitely be a Mommy - a very tired Mommy!

Get some rest and take it easy in that nasty heat!