My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thesaurus Thursday, Answers, Winners, and Words

I'd like to say that the chocolate/butterscotch iced peanut butter rice krispie treats were delicious and a big hit with the boys (all 3 of them) and they were nice and soft and chewey. Definitely not perilous to teeth of any ages. :-)

Zounds: interj. Archaic.. (used as a mild oath.) var. of 'swounds, for God's wounds (Congrats Smarty Pants Diane and AbornePoppa!!--you didn't know how smart you were did ya?)

Zoanthropy: a mental disorder in which one believes oneself to be an animal.

Silly Goose this week is.........

Linda said...
Zoanthropy - the study of ants that live in a zoo

Zounds - the sounds that the animals make at the zoo

Yeah, yeah, these are bad but what can I say? I'm outta practice!



For next week, work on these:


sponsion

splore




For any newcomers to Thesaurus Thursday, the "rules" can be found by using the link on the sidebar right below that slllllooooowwwww turtle.

For all winners, the Awards can be found just below the "rules" on the sidebar to pick up at your leisure.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Okay, I'm done with my encore ... moving on to this week's words ...

Sponsion - this one means to promise something very solemnly; like when you take an oath before court I believe.

Splore - Short for explore as in "I'm gonna go splore round a bit before I decide what to buy".

Rita Loca said...

Sponsion, a form of spontaneous expansion. Such as the extra pounds that appear on ones hips after eating a box of chocolates in two days!

splore, what children do at the beach..splashing on the shore...splore!

nancy said...

Mighty Mom, I think my funny bone is broken. I've been looking at these things and looking again, and I can think of things, but they are just not funny!
mam