My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thesaurus Thursday

Well, it's Thursday again.

And it's been a LOOOONG Thursday!

Good news is another hour and a half and it'll be Friday!

Our words for this week are.

stodge

hetaera


If you're new to these parts then the game is to make up a silly definition to these words and put it in the comments.

If I feel up to it, I may pick a winner this week ........

So, have fun and I'll post the actual definitions on Saturday.

6 comments:

... said...

i'm just not creative enough to come up with ficticious definitions. sorry. but i always enjoy finding out the real definitions. it broadens my vocabulary =] (yah, righ, like i would ever use these words)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Stodge = Dull, boring.

Usage - Alistair was a stodgy stuffed shirt.

Hetaera = Pertaining to head trauma.

Usage = Stop hitting me over the heteara'll sock you in the nose.

Hope you're feeling better, but it doesn't sound like it. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Pen of Jen said...

stodge-the thing on mens faces that looks like a mole, but isn't. It is a stodge.

'Jimmy, look at Grandpa's stodge...it has a hair in it.'

hetaera-the 21st century new fab word that means blah.No more needing to say or blah blah blah.

'I am sick and tired of the new OJ junk, hetaera!"

Linda said...

Stodge - I think I know this one, it's like trudge as in "I stodge through all of the posts in my Google Reader every day!"

Hetaera - hmmm, third cousin to etcetera? As in "and so forth and so on, hetaera, hetaera, hetaera ..."

MightyMom said...

you guys crack me up!!

Linda, we'll see if you're right tomorrow!!

Mohawk Chieftain said...

St. Odge He musta been Catholic!