My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, September 29, 2007

T-T Winners/Answers

The winners of the Silly Goose Award are.....

The Chief:
nudibranch is obviously any branch that appears in public without its bark in place and is willing to display its bush.

Diane:
Numen - the opposite of oldmen.

Usage - I'm tired of these oldmen. I wish we'd get some numen around here!

Diane
is also the winner of the Smarty Pants Award as she knew the correct definition of nudibranch.


numen - n. divine or supernatural power of presence. esp. as associated with a particular place or objet.

nudibranch - n. any shell-less marine gastropod mollusk of the suborder Nudibranchia, having external, often branched respiratory appendages.

OK, that's what my good ol' Webster's College Dictionary says...Wikepedia is easier to understand:

Nudibranchs, also known as sea slugs, are soft-bodied marine snails belonging to the suborder Nudibranchia, the largest suborder of the order Opisthobranchia. There are more than 3,000 described species.

Here are some pics...






My pet nudibranch has incredible numen!

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hot dog! I won?? I'd like to thank the academy, and my goldfish Moe, and.....

So, what'd we win??? You need to make some buttons or send us some cash or gold bars or something along those lines. ;D

MightyMom said...

I have no idea how to make buttons....and I need all the cash and gold bars I can get my hands on...can you say DIAPERS??

If someone out there wants to make me a Smarty Pants and a Silly Goose button that'd be fun.....

Mohawk Chieftain said...

My prize is in simply seeing the beautiful sea creatures in the pictures you put up.

Gotta run. Got a phone call from numen's sister Acumen....

Oh, and Hmph... Smubs, indeed !

Pen of Jen said...

hey comments are working!