My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, September 21, 2007

Show and Tell

Kelli is hosting show and tell Friday again

So, here's mine.


Well, I'm continuing my series on my "pretties." Y'all seemed to enjoy hearing all about some of the music boxes my darling Subvet has given me over the years so today I'm going to show you a few of my wedding related pretties.

This picture shows one of our wedding photos, the frame/photo album was a wedding gift.



aaaaaahhh, we were skinny then......




In the center of this picture is our cake topper. The open book says LOVE...bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.




The white photo album holds all the pictures from the wedding and reception. I did a fun thing at our reception. I wanted more than just the photographer's still shots, but had listened to too many friends complain that the cameras they'd put on every table when developed had 50,000 pictures of the same thing...that first dance and the cutting of the cake. So instead, since my reception was a stand and chat affair and there wasn't much for the 7 or 8 teens to do I came up with this plan. I bought 5 disposable cameras. I then asked for 5 teenage volunteers or pairs of teens. From a "hat" they drew their instructions to go with their camera. The instructions were:(1) pictures of people eating. (2) Pictures of people talking. (3) Crazy/silly posed pictures. (4)Nice posed pictures. (5) Pictures of the house. (my reception was held in an old Victorian House that was elaborately decorated). I have fabulous photos!!



And finally, this is the wedding gift that Subvet gave to me.



The lid is a music box that plays the chorus to "I will always love you" of Dolly Parton and Whitney Houston fame.

The watch and keychain belonged to my Grandma.

6 comments:

... said...

all of these are very lovely. it looks like they're kept out for you to see and enjoy. that's great. i'd have to dig through some boxes to find my photo album.

thanks for sharing and i hope you have a great weekend.

jennifer said...

quite a romantic pose of subvet to you!!

Love the teens idea..you are so clever!!

MightyMom said...

truly awesome photographer!!

Susan said...

Love the casual pose of sublet in that wedding picture!! Great idea about the teens taking the pictures. I bet they had a ball doing it too.
Susan

Sondra said...

Great idea to let the teens take the pictures. A few small kids got a hold of my cameras and I had a lot of real bad pictures. :)
I love the heart with the music box and what a great song to have it play.

Heather K said...

great show and tell! I really like the pose in your wedding photo as well...and you had an awesome idea about the cameras for your wedding!