My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Day!!



After giving my standard "this is how to treat fever" speech for the 20th time tonight I thought "if I only had a dollar for every time I've said that...."

Oh Wait! I Do!! I have $6 for every time I say that!!
DUH!!!!




Soooooo. Have I told you about the penguins that were at the first Thanksgiving??

Seriously! According to Sonshine, the first Thanksgiving was for the Indians and the Penguins. He then went on to tell me all about how the Penguins sailed to America and they weren't really in India, and how the Indians helped them grow food and then the Indians and the Penguins ate the first Thanksgiving together. And the Penguins wore hats and funny shoes.....

~~he has auditory processing disorder, keeps life interesting!!~~





Which goes right along with a conversation about Sonshine's Religious Ed (aka Sunday School) homework. They're studying the parable of the Unforgiving Servant. Sonshine is excited because, he says, it's a story all about snakes!!!

Yeah, we have to work on the difference between serVants and serPents!!!
Autism is FUN!!!!!!!





I'm sorry to inform you that all of our magic wands are broken. I will be happy to call you back once the repair fairy has arrived. However, in the meantime, I'm afraid you shall have to wait the usual 48-72 hours for the antibiotic your MD gave you yesterday to start to work. I apologize profusely for any inconvenience your child's illness might cause.

PS. Welcome to Parenthood.






I'm keeping track of how much money the irresponsible media has made me.......so far in the 6 months I've had this job there's been multiple calls for Dry Drowning. Black and White Killer Caterpillars. And now it's Listeria Poisoning!!!!!
If I didn't feel so bad for the honestly frightened parents I'd be grateful............






Have a great week folks! And remember to always find the humor in your day, no matter what comes your way!


2 comments:

Linda said...

I rather like the story of the Penguins First Thanksgiving though I suspect it was a rather formal affair being as how they were all wearing tuxedos!

Stephanie D said...

Love the Stonehenge poster! lol