My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sugars' New Shoes

Sugars is now 18 months old. She has started pulling up and "cruising" pretty regularly so I figured it was about time we bought her a pair of shoes. (I have a barefoot till walking rule)


Now, I have bought a handful of shoes and been given many more. But have not been able to find any that would fit her foot.

She just couldn't get more than the tips of her toes in any pair I got, no matter what I tried.

Finally, today I took her to a Stride Rite outlet store and had her measured.

The clerk tells me, "She takes a 6 Extra Wide!!"

Me, "What?? I didn't know they made Extra Wide shoes! Especially not in toddler sizes!"

Clerk, "Well, your options of where to buy them are pretty limited."

Me, "ya think?"

I'm in the checkout line when I notice they have adult shoes too....well since getting shoes for me was on the list for the day I ankle on over there. I try on a 9 womens running shoe....nope. too tight....searched for a 9 1/2...then I remembered that I usually like men's shoes better anyway as they tend to be better built and last longer. (I'm a nurse, remember) The smallest men's size they have is 9 1/2, I'm thinking it's got to be waaaaaay too big but try it on anyway.

IT FIT!!

~~~~~~~deeeeeeeeppp breaaaaaths~~~~~~~~~



Well, If we ever decide to move to a colder climate....we WON'T need to buy snow shoes!!

May I introduce The Big Foot Family




Subvet 13 mens
Mightymom 9 1/2 mens
Sonshine -age 4- 1 boys
Alligator -age 3- 11 childrens
Sugars -age 18 months- 6XW toddlers


My Grandpa would say "All Hell couldn't trip them up!!"

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Daddy used to tell us kids that he should just buy us all a couple of bulls a piece, then we could kick 'em in the um, rear, and walk off with 'em.

Mama said she should buy us some shoes, take 'em home, throw away the shoes and let us wear the boxes.

I can't get over Sugars wearing a 6xw! We thought Emmy had big feet but she's only wearing a 2, soon to be moving into the next size.

But as Mama used to say, Sugars will have a good foundation under her.

Have a blessed Sunday, Sarah. Hope church goes well. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Susan said...

I agree with grandpa, not only about the shoes but life in general is NOT going to trip you 5 up :o)
Susan

Stephanie D said...

Love that photo!

Congratulations, Sugars!

Carole Burant said...

Like you, I always believed in the kids being barefoot until they could start to walk and then I'd get them shoes:-) Love that picture of the shoes...I can't get over how big Sugars is getting, starting to walk already!! I wear a size 8 shoes but it has to be 8W because I have wide feet too:-) xoxo

ABNPOPPA said...

You are a trip! Only you could find humor in shopping for shoes!! Nice line up.

... said...

maybe you wear double wide, too. do they carry such a thing in adults shoes? i would hate having to wear nothing but men's shoes.

Anonymous said...

That is an AWESOME picture!
I have big feets, too, my friend. They grew with each child. It was time to stop!!!