My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm a professional!

Honest, I am!!

Really!!

Funny thing about hospitals: they get cold at night. cold enough to_______. (fill in the blank).

So we nurses will frequently go and grab a blanket out of the oven (or warmer) to wrap up in while we're charting.
I actually forgot I was so wrapped and walked into a patient's room mummied up in my blankie.....didn't realize it till I went to help her get repositioned and it got in my way.

Sigh....once it was in the patient's room it was "dirty" and had to be left in her dirty linen.

That just broke my heart,

As it meant I had to go get a fresh, piping hot one out of the oven.........

;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, love those warm blankies.
I put the kids blankets in the dryer to warm them up in the winter time. Mom used to put our jeans and socks on the oven door in the morning to heat em up. Those buttons got HOT!
YOW!
hey, just tried to 'follow' your blog, but the button won't click.

EDGE said...

Heat index was 104 where I live...don't need anything warm!

... said...

seriously, you keep the blankets in something that keeps them warm? i never heard of that. but, thankfully, i haven't had much experience with hospitals.