My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Carnival!!

Our church had a Carnival to benefit a Catholic school on the poor side of Dallas that our parish has adopted.

We had a great time! Fortunately I remembered the camera! Unfortunately I forgot the memory card!

So, here are the 8 pics that my camera held.










Sonshine's favorite parts I didn't get pics of,
4) the HOT tamales
3) the Tigger shaped bounce house
2) Officer McGruff (the Doggie Policeman!)
1) The Doggie Fireman!!! (a dalmation in a fireman's coat...don't know his name)

I actually had a pic of Sonshine on the fountain with the fireman-dog, but accidentally deleted it when I realized that I only had 8 pics and was trying to get another shot.

We had a really great time. Especially after a friend of Subvet's told us there were more fun things to do for the little ones INDOORS in the Preschool building!! :-)

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Do you take your memory card out of the camera when it's not in use? I always leave mine in--is it bad for the card to leave it in?

Love the face-painting on Sonshine!

Nice that you could be off to go and looks like the weather was good, too.

MightyMom said...

I take it out and stick it in the computer to download pics. No, isn't bad to leave it in...just saves having the cord on the desk to just stick the card in the CPU,

I was amazed. When Subvet suggested getting the boys' faces painted I said go ahead...thinking "yeah right" but he said they really sat still for it!! MY KIDS!! can you believe???

the weather was perfect, 85 at the hottest..nice breeze, as you can tell from the balloons. There were many tents to sit under (as Mighty-dumb-mom {well, ok I HAD worked the night before and only caught a quick nap before going} forgot the sunscreen) so we didn't get burned. It was a wonderful time, really was.

... said...

looks and sounds like a fun time. it's too bad about the memory chip. i once went to one of my son's concerts with a macro lens on instead of the regular one. all you can do with a macro lens is take really up close pics. i was so mad at myself. these things happen.