My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Best Shot

OK, I'm gonna join in something new here.
I got the idea from Linda at Are We There Yet?

Here's the scoop

Chris's idea is "to breathe some fresh air into old posts, to share some linkage, to expose readers to new blogs (now will be a good time to de-lurk and publicize your blog!) and maybe get each other some more traffic." What he's suggesting is that you go through your archives, find a post that you thought was pretty dang good but wasn't very well received or was written so long ago that your now devoted group of followers never saw it to begin with, and link to it in a new post (i.e., this one!) To do that he proposes that you follow these simple rules:

Write a post telling your readers about your ‘best shot’ and link them to it.
Link back to the blog which first asked you to give your best shot.
Ask your readers for their best posts, and then ensure you read and comment on them.


Now, I haven't been blogging too long, but there were a couple that folks seemed to skip over that I just loved. Of course, I can't just do one...neither could Linda :-)
So I'll put them in categories of sorts.

This first I'm gonna link to is Soothing the Savage Beast That savage beast would be me. I absolutely adore this video. I will go back and watch it any time I'm feeling stressed.

Next up is Look Before You Touch. This is such a classic "Mommy Chronicles" story that I wanted to share it again.

My first ever post Credit Cards is pure irony.

Then, there is my all time favorite Wait...weight. It actually doesn't fit the criteria for this exercise...however, when have I EVER followed the rules?? This thing just cracks me up. It's another one that I'll go back and rewatch over and over again. Since Cookie at The Cook Shack stole it from me (I'm sooo honored!!) I'm sure many of you've seen it already by now. But sometimes, we just have to enjoy a good laugh!

OK, Lurkers, de-lurk and tell me about your favorite posts. Commentators, comment away and don't forget to come tell me when you put up your "best shot"

3 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Welcome back:-) It's after midnight and I should be in bed but I'm determined to catch up with everyones news tonight! lol I've just read your last few posts I had missed and I'm still giggling about finding out your grandfather kept up his shooting skills by shooting at the squirrels! hehe It really must be horrible to have that much clay in your ground..over here we have dark earth which is great for growing things! Loved seeing the pictures of the boys, looks like they had a fun time in their pool. And yes, it does feel good to know you've been missed:-) xox

Linda said...

What a great job and I loved all of your posts! It really is hard to pick "just one" isn't it??

Anonymous said...

These Gluts Were Made For Walking just might be one of the greatest blog posts of all time, ever!!!!!!!