My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Game On!!!

So, Gator is something of a computer game junkie!

He's regularly scoring higher than I am at facebook's Zuma Blitz and has started trying out all the other games I have on facebook, my iphone, and the computer. A couple days ago he found Chess on the computer. I turned the difficulty down to the lowest and with minimal input from me (mostly all I did was tell them the names of the pieces) the boys are learning how to play Chess through trial and error.

Hey, don't knock it, it keeps them quiet and happy and occupied while I'm working in the early mornings before Subvet wakes up. (Our kids typically wake about 4am....they do NOT get this from ME!!)

Besides! Have you ever watched a more fun Chess game? Or one with more energetic players?


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha! I love it! Our two little guys learned chess the same way -- but on the real board, playing with Lord of th Rings figures for the "men." So, um, their idea of chess started out more like "keep away" with action figures moving one square at a time. Then their big brothers came home and ruined everything. It's not nearly so much fun when you have to follow rules!