My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dr Suess got it wrong!

Here you have it folks:






the REAL Cat in the Hat!



I came home sick from work tonight. Seems I've caught the virus the kids all had over the holiday weekend. ick.

My friend Stephanie's nephew is losing his battle on earth tonight. Doctors give him hours to a day or two at most before he'll join his bride of 8 months and the Birmingham tornado will claim yet another victim. Please say a prayer for this family.

Also, my long time blog buddy Susan's daughter went Home to Jesus last week after almost a year battling breast cancer. That family could use your prayers too.

Thanks folks.

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

So much sorrow...Lord, have mercy on all and give them your comfort and peace...

Sherry said...

Prayers. Prayers. Prayers. You are such a beautiful friend; I'm so sorry I can't offer more than a virtual hug and heartfelt prayers from afar.

Adrienne said...

Such a horribly sad story. Sending prayers to the family.

Linda said...

More like the cat ON the hat but close enough! Hope you're not feeling too hideously horrible.

I'm so sorry to hear about so many losses to so many people. May their families be granted peace and strength.

Stephanie D said...

Thanks for the shout-out MM; I don't think one can ever have too many folks praying for them!