My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goals!


yes, we're polishing our hard hat!
So, now that I'm done working for a few days it's time to make some GOALS!!
1) run errands
2) go to the GYM!
3) repot my 2 new Christmas Cacti - but I may wait till they stop blooming to do that.
4) make 2 baby blankets for my friends that are due in April
5) get started on my sister's housewarming quilt.
6) begin quilting my Mommie Quilt.
Sonshine got spacers yesterday at his first ever ORTHODONTIST appointment!!!
He's sooooo excited! He can't wait to get "purple bracelets"!!! He'll be in and out of appliances and braces for the next 6 years. So I hope his excitement lasts awhile.....a LOOONG while.
Look for pictures in about a month.
The orthodontist had 2 skulls in her office, one named Sir Skullywood and the other named Mr Bone Jangles. Sonshine had a blast holding the skull during the visit.....then he turned it upside down and was playing with the spring that holds the jaw on....
"Excuse me! this skull makes a good musical instrument!" he says while scratching his nail across the spring.
hahahaha, who knew?

5 comments:

Susan said...

All the kids are getting so bid, especially Sugars!! Of course, you always notice it more in the wee one's growth. Happy New Year Sarah.

Lisa said...

heehee! Love that creative mind! A skull would do wonders for distracting and interesting my kids, too.

Lovwe your goals, btw. Do we get to see the baby quilts??

Linda said...

Wow, maybe it's just that picture but Sugars looks so much older than she did before! They grow up way too fast, don't they?

Nice list of goals! I should set a goal to make a list of goals one of these days!

I had braces when I was in my 30's but I remember getting the different colored rubber bands for holidays and such or different colors for other times. Heck, if you're going to have braces, you might as well have fun with 'em!

ABNPOPPA said...

I like the pik of polishing the pink hard hat. Teach them girls to get house keeping chores done early in life so's we men can go fishing and other stuff. LOL

Pops@Conservative Outrage.

Stephanie D said...

Hey, any orthodontist who has a skull or two in his/her office has to be a keeper!

Have you asked her if she does Halloween?