My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Things that make me laugh

I'll admit I'm easily amused, and little things will often crack me up....


Like when someone's dog on farmville gives me a patch of tall grass.

Or when my friend from Canada gives me a brown goose.

Or when Walmart has 15,000 types of coffee pots and grinders and Mr Coffee tea makers....but nothing so provincial has a whistling tea kettle.

When my 2 year old repeatedly tells me "yes dear" when I tell her to do something.

When my 4 year old comes up out of the blue and plants a kiss on my cheek...then wipes off the one I give him....which of course means I have to give another...which he wipes off..so I give another....and he wipes...till I finally get one planted he either can't reach or he gives up.


When my 6 year old randomly starts singing. Boy loves to sing....but he doesn't always get the words right...and sometimes he moves back and forth between songs in the weirdest medley you can imagine! Occasionally even putting the words to one song to the tune of another....currently it's all Christmas Carols...

9 comments:

Mary said...

Sarah,

I can definitely tell you love life. A whistling tea kettle can be hard to find. I had that problem myself and finally got one for my birthday last October.

Love the way you describe the things you do with your kids. I used to play the kissing game with the boys. They're a little too old for it now. Brandon would be mortified. I do kiss him occassionally, but usually ask. After all 14 year olds are shy about such things. Jordan isn't so much.

Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

ellen b. said...

The "yes dear" cracks me up!!

Mary Ellen said...

Ya never know what will come out of the mouths of babes. The old Art Linkletter Show was one of my favorites!

You're kids are just so adorable and I love reading about them! How blessed you are!

Evansmom said...

I love "yes,dear". So cute!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

The boy is making sure he's prepared for next Christmas. Practice makes perfect....or amusing, anyway. ;o)

Stephanie D said...

I love that Sugars is humoring you! lol

J-Man found a stainless steel whistling kettle somewhere--forgot where--and uses it to make his tea for iced tea. I have to admit, I do like the sound!

Linda said...

Those all sound like wonderful things to make you laugh - well, with the exception of the WalMart lack of planning thing, that is!

Lisa said...

This post totally as me smiling. One of my youngins years ago old me (after I chastised him for wiping off my kisses): "I'm not wiping it off, Mommy. I'm rubbing it in!" This is now the standard answer around here. &:o)

Oh, and Target has some really sweet little whistling kettles - one shinin red one I have my eye on to replace my old one...

... said...

i'm glad you have so much to laugh or chuckle at. i see you as a happy person who finds laughter wherever you go. that's a great thing!