My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, January 30, 2010

another weekend begins

I have 4 nights off in a row....lots of things planned to do.

Yesterday our priest came and blessed our house. After he left I went to sleep.....and slept from 4pm to 4am. crap. 1st day off and nothing done. But that did effectively switch me back to a day schedule.

So, goals for the next 3 days are as follows:

1) get to the gym 3 times
2) get swimsuit altered
3) get swimshorts made
4) do listening program 4 times with kids (this means twice today...)
5) get my snuggleometer back up to Full.


Something I've noticed watching the old cartoons.
Watch this and check out what Donald's doing at 6:46.....



Now, tell me, when's the last time you saw a cartoon character doing THAT??

by the way, Bugs and Daffy do the same thing...I just can't remember which cartoon it's in to post it.

And Sonshine told me in the car the other day..."I"m turning orange momma! I'm sick just like Bugs Bunny."

We might need to find some new cartoons to watch.....



but honestly folks, am I the only one who instantly smiles every time I hear the Merrie Melodies theme song start?

Come on now, fess up!

5 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I swear, the cartoons are NOT like the good ones from yesteryear. I love Daffy Duck.

My favorite is "Wabbit Season...Duck season, Wabbit Season....etc. etc. etc.

LOL

Enjoy your time off.

Susan said...

Getting that 12 hours of straight sleep will give you the energy to get your "to do" list accomplished. Enjoy these at home days.

ellen b. said...

You slept from 4 till 4! Yikes that is one good stretch of sleep! I might need your priest to come and bless my house.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love Looney Tunes! Don't care for many of the new toons at all, but have to tolerate some of them because Emmy watches them.

Enjoy your weekend and catch up on your snuggling. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Evansmom said...

Enjoy your time with the family! I love Looney Tunes also. :)