My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Thankfulness.

Evansmom over at Just Sayin does a bit she calls Thankful Thursdays. Each Thursday she makes a list of things that she is thankful for that week. I happen to think this is THE BEST idea!!

Seeing as how I already have a regularly scheduled Thursday post I'm going to join her on Thankful Tuesday!! And I encourage you to join here on Tuesday and then go there on Thursday to double your weekly thankfulness!


1) I am thankful that my kids have special needs. I've learned so much from them and the special situations that arise from their special needs. (more on this topic can be found here)


2) I am thankful that my hubby can always make me laugh. Regardless (or irregardless as he likes to say) of the situation. It's part of the reason I married him.


3) I am thankful for my co-workers. I am very fortunate to work with a great group of folks at the hospital. I've worked in hen houses before and it makes the whole experience miserable


4) I am thankful for the internet....for through it I found my husband and many dear friends. According to blogger...this is my 1,000th post...whoa.

5) I am thankful for hooligan kisses. Sonshine's always been a lovey dovey guy, but Gator's just gotten into a phase where out of the blue he'll walk up and give me a kiss on the cheek. And then when I kiss him he wipes it off!....So of course I have to keep kissing him (and he wipe each time) till I win and get one planted to stay!! Sugars is also in a kiss mommy phase. Only she's all noise no kiss...she'll even "kiss" you without even looking at you!!

My favorite spot to kiss is between the bridge of the nose and the eyebrows. Where's you favorite spot for hooligan kisses??

10 comments:

Mary said...

Special needs kids teach us something new every day. We have so much to be thankful for.

Mary said...

Your mode of transportation is a camel. LOL See what you can do with it. It is a fun exercise. Thanks for participating.

Susan said...

1000 posts!!!! Congratulations.
Susan

ellen b. said...

spontaneous kisses from little ones is something special :0)
Glad you found a hubby that makes you laugh!
Congrats on 1,000!

Linda said...

Those are some great things to be thankful for, especially having a husband that can make you laugh and hooligans who love to give kisses.

Congratulations on your 1,000th post and for having a place to work that isn't all gossip and drama - they're hard to find, especially in a medical setting.

Rita Loca said...

A wonderful list!

... said...

1000!! wow! congratulations.

i love your description of hooligan kisses. my son and i have played a game ever since he was little. it's called the 'kissing game.' it started off as a fun way to smother him with kisses but as he grew in strength and stature, it became a way to challenge mom to be able to plant just one kiss. we don't play much anymore because obviously, he is stronger than i am. but i still have my ways and i don't give up easily.

my daughter has this thing that if i kiss her on one cheek, i have to do the other to make her face feel "even."

=)

Evansmom said...

I am thankful that you like my idea and my favorite place for a holligan kiss is on my forehead since my son now towers over me!

Mary Ellen said...

Sorry I haven't had time to get over here much....or play Thursday's game. It's been a whirlwind at home, hard keeping up!

I like having a "thankful" day. We often forget to thank God for the daily gifts he gives us. This is great!

Stephanie D said...

Congratulations on your verbosity! lol