My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Frags


Created by Mrs 4444, Friday Fragments are bits and pieces of your week that are usually brief; too short for a stand-alone post, but too good to discard. Collect humorous observations, "Heard" items, and other small gems and put them together in a Friday Fragments post.



rain rain go away come again another day
little Sonshine wants to RIDE THE HORSEY!!!



You've passed a mothering milestone when you realize that suddenly instead of climbing UP on your lap your child is sitting DOWN on it.


Dear ISD,
I may speak softly, but I carry a very big stick and I am NOT afraid to use it!


Don't laugh when you see me sitting on my blanket...I'm trying to rewarm it!!



while getting ready for work tonight I was shocked to realize that I could SEE my feet!!!.................................................................................................................. ................... .guess who forgot to take her glasses off before getting in the shower??



while admitting a 14yr old boy to the hospital it suddenly hit me.....pretty soon MY BOYS will be 14 too. egads!! Somebody put the brakes on time please!!


you know you live in the country when......
pulled in behind a double dump truck (you know where the dumptruck is pulling a 5th wheel dumptruck??) ....then you read the sign on the back that says "FARM FRESH MANURE!"
1st thought is "What a load of shit."
2nd thought is "I might not want to be tailgating him...better back off a bit."


learned something new today....there are actually anitbiotics that can make you sleepy. who knew??


I think I did something wrong last night when I was in charge of the kids...dinner was finished and I was all set to start the bedtime routine while looking forward to a little quiteness in the house....Then I saw that it was only 5:30pm!!! NOW WHAT to do for the next 1.5hours??

5 comments:

Sara Bonds @ Ordinary and Awesome said...

Aww, I love the rain. It's been cold and rainy here, and I just love it.

I had no idea there were antibiotics that can make you sleepy. Strange.

Happy FF!

ABNPOPPA said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who cleans their glasses while taking a shower! I feel almost normal, well, at lest abbynormal!

Pops

Karen MEG said...

That comment about seeing your feet in the shower had me in stitches - I've gone to bed with my glasses on before and only realized it because I could see the time on my alarm clock LOL!

Happy Weekend! And bedtime starting at 7 PM? You rock! (and I'm a slacker mom.. you don't want to know what time my kids start getting ready...)

Mrs4444 said...

I hope you faked it and sent everyone to bed early!

I loved the fragment about seeing your feet! I laughed pretty hard at the double meaning in that. Nice one.

... said...

how is the ISD going?