My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Momma, it's getting to be Halloween!!

Every day I'm greeted by this mantra from Sonshine!!!

So I guess it's about time to get those costumes made!!


Here is Miss Purple Heffalump











Sonshine wanted to be a Vampire!




The glue and paint haven't dried yet.




The only thing I have left to do is to attach Sonshine's vampire cape to the back of his black sweatshirt once it's all dry. I don't like things tied around their necks!! He'll wear a pair of black sweat pants and I'll paint his face to his specifications....





Who knew you could buy both black and silver lame' ???





Gator wanted to be "A Big Piece of Cheese"...there's a story behind that! He kept saying he wanted to be a cat. Well he was a cat last year so I told him to pick something different. When he insisted on being a cat I told him if he didn't pick something I was just going to make him a big piece of cheese for Halloween, thinking he'd hate that idea!




Goofball, he LOVED it!! And has wanted nothing else ever since!




He has black long sleeve shirt and black sweat pants to wear under this shirt, it'll come down to his knees, I think.







Some of you may remember me saying that I couldn't believe I'd bought something to support the Green Bay Packers.....














Well?? how else was I going to make him a Big Piece of Cheese???




:-)




and how about you? what are you/your kids going to be for Halloween this year? Do you make or buy your costumes???

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Ha! Those were the days. Good job on those costumes!

Anonymous said...

wow Fantastic this post for Costumes. cute kids and lovely your blog. i love it
B&B Brugge