My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Decor.....

You may have noticed in the post below that Sugars is holding a Clifford dog. This is her preschool class' mascot. Her class is "Ms Connie's Canines." Each kid gets to take Clifford home for a weekend and keep a journal of all the adventures he has throughout the year.




Well, last weekend it was Sugars' turn to keep Clifford. So, naturally since everyone else would be wearing costumes at preschool today we didn't want Clifford to feel left out!!
















This was Sugars' own Halloween costume from back in 2007......






Kind of hard to believe isn't it??












We haven't decorated for Halloween before, but this year we were given several lovely bits so we decided to enjoy them.


The things on the door except for the skeletons came from Mimi



The skeletons, along with everything else, came from my dear blog buddy Stephanie of Scraps.

If you haven't been to her blog before, go take a gander! This girl LOVES her Halloween!!!


In addition to those skeletons she sent us this:





And made these fabulous placemats for us! She even quilted them with glow-in-the-dark thread!!





She sent me some candy corn bubble bath and a Halloween scented black votive candle. The scent is "Jack-o-latte" and is very lovely!! There were a couple other things in that box from Stephanie that I'll save for next year's festivities!


Thanks so much to Mimi and Stephanie! The kids loved having the place decorated! Now I'm going to be putting all of Halloween away tonight and getting out some Thanksgiving stuff.....


And, as unbelieveable as it may be to those who've known me long.....but....I have not even BEGUN Christmas presents!! Woefully behind!! I am however going to hold myself to my rule that all Christmas presents must be bought or made before the beginning of Advent!! Which means I need to get on the stick!! Tout de suite!!




right after I finish posting pictures of the kids in their costumes!

Heffalumps and Vampires and Cheese! Oh My!!

2 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Christmas? What's that?

I'm so glad to see you decorated for Hallowe'en this year! Did you have lots of Trick-or-Treaters? Did the kids have a great time handing out candy?

It's going to take me at least a week to get all this stuff taken down. And oh, boy, is the inside of my house a disaster! If I ever doubt DH's love (and I don't), it isn't in the month of October.

ellen b. said...

Love the costumed Clifford! Too cute. Sugars' smile hasn't changed...sweet!