My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, February 20, 2010

This was a BAAAD PLAN!!




So, it occured to me last night.


I have given up sweets for Lent.....and MY BIRTHDAY is during Lent!!!

What was I THINKING????!!!!



In other news....last night I made it 6 miles on this blasted boring beast!



7 comments:

Linda said...

So this is like one of those "good news" - "bad news" kind of posts, eh?

Congrats on the one and d'oh on the other!

ellen b. said...

Don't you get Sundays off? You could celebrate your birthday on a Sunday...Am I helping or hindering?

Lisa said...

Good for you! Woohooo! Six miles! You shame me. I go fifteen minutes and call it good -- whether it is or not. &:o) Extra special sacrifice to forego cake and icecream on your birthday -- but if you take Sundays off, you can postpone the party 'til then... Or make a once in Lent exception. I think Our Lord understands that. I expect He's celebrating with us on our birthday, anyway. &:o)

Harry said...

Wait a minute? What's with that silly mechanical contraption? Get back to the sweets! More cake pictures!

Susan said...

You can do it. I know you can!!!

Mrs4444 said...

Holy cow! 6 miles?! That's wonderful! I'm very proud of you :)

Happy Early Birthday!!

Mary Ellen said...

I was going to suggest the birthday celebration on Sunday, also. Just go ahead and have a piece of cake, just make it a small piece, that will be your sacrifice. For me, if that cake was in front of me, you'd see nothing but an empty plate with crumbs in a matter of minutes...and only a few crumbs, at that.

Not sure what that machine is. It's not your typical elliptical, it looks like a fancy version of the HealthRider...sorta.

Personally, I use the elliptical and a treadmill with an incline. Both seem to do the trick...but I enjoy the elliptical a little more because it's a more difficult workout, but you burn the calories and fat in half the time.