My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, January 29, 2010

reading the classics

"There has been a great deal of soft soap talked about God for the last hundred years. That is not what I am offering. You can cut all that out."


C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

3 comments:

Susan said...

One of the great reads and testimony of our God who can take an athiest who starts out to write about it and becomes a believer (Christian) during the process. Our God is so amazing.

Have you ever read Pilgrams Progress? Another one of those wonderful books written years ago with such a powerful message to every age and culture.

ellen b. said...

I like that quote. C.S.Lewis is a good read, although sometimes I can only read one paragraph at a time and then scratch my head trying to understand what he just said....

Mary Ellen said...

I'm so glad you had a nice blog vacation!

Thanks for that quote, now I want to read some C.S. Lewis! He's one of my favorites and I've read his books more than once...each time I find a gem that I've missed before.