My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, November 2, 2009

Our Halloween

I never did sit at the sewing machine and sew the fronts to the kids' costumes, so just before dress-up time I saftey pinned the silly things together! I guess I could have spent a little more time taking out the extra elastic to make them look less sheety....but I just didn't feel like it. So there you are.





The other two didn't want their faces painted.....and they were quite scared of the Sonshine-ghost....

nor did they leave the socks on their hands.......

We're thinking we should have called this one a Dominican Brother, rather than a ghost! What do you think Fr Philip??


The obligatory group picture attempt.






For the safety of our trick-or-treaters, all candies were pre-squeezed and their freshness verified.

We had to put this one in the reject pile on the dining room table...




All 3 hooligans had a great time "giving candy to the kids." I'd told them that I had SPECIAL CANDY just for them once we were done with "the kids". So afterwards we sat a the table for our Reeces peanutbutter cups and called it a night.

I'll leave you with a taste of Sonshine's first view of himself in full ghost attire as he runs through his dress rehearsal of spookiness.......(you have to listen past Miss Ham's chatter to hear him though)


12 comments:

ellen b. said...

Love the group shots and that friar look :0)

Linda said...

"I am a ghoooosssttt!" Love it!

The three of them looked great even if Sonshine was the only one who donned full "ghost attire"! I like the idea of the socks on the hands, too!

Great new header picture as a result!

Adrienne said...

Too cute!! Sonshine looks just like his Dad now - only kiiiiiiiding, Sub

Stephanie D said...

They look adorable! I like the face painting--that looked spooky!

Boy, Sugars' hair is really growing long!

Fr. Philip Powell, OP said...

Hmmmm...Dominican brother? Distinct possibility. He looks good in white. Loves candy. Big plus there. But I would need to know his favorite brand of Bourbon before committing to a Yes.

:-)

Sara said...

I had a ghosty that looked just as sheety one time! LOL!

Lori in South Dakota said...

give that child a collar, a rope belt, and a rosary to carry and he'd be perfect! (Okay, I'm not real up on priestly attire unless its from an old movie!)

Mary said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love it all...the group photo, the video. Your kids just made my night. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

Diane@Diane's Place said...

"Attempt" being the operative word? Hey, they're all in the pics, so technically they qualify as group pics. Now all looking at the camera at the same time? Maybe not.

They make dandy ghosteses though. ;o)

... said...

what spooky looking kids =)

seriously, they're adorable. glad they had a fun halloween.

Sherry said...

Cute pics.

Have to go get mine developed.

You are going to have to tutor me on how to do my borders so they have chocolates along the side and how to upload photos more successfully than I have to date. Please!!!!!!

Mary Ellen said...

Your kids are adorable little ghosts! Halloween is great, but I'm always happy when it's over. I must be getting old!

I'm so glad your children had a happy Halloween, it makes growing up so much easier when it's filled with happy memories.