My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thesaurus Thursday

Well, I'm calling it quits for the year folks. I want to get all this year's words added to the Thesaurus Thursday Glossary and I have a few goals to get going on before New Year's. So, there are no new words this week. We'll be back on Jan 8, 2009.

Last Week's Definitions:
pschent (skent, pskent) - the double crown worn by ancient Egyptian kings, symbolic of dominion over Upper and Lower Egypt.


prunt - a small mass of glass fused to the body of a glass piece.





(look around the top of the stem of each goblet.)

My Flock of Silly Geese:

Stephanie D. said... pschent--the sound of a sneeze
prunt--what happens when I try to type "print" in a hurry.

Linda said...
Pschent - the drunken pronunciation of the word "peasant"; generally pronounced this way with a martini in one hand and drunken look on one's face!
Prunt - an even smaller than usual prune; i.e., the runt of the prune litter!

Pam in Colorado said...
Oh no! I came up with my definitions before reading someone else's and then I got here and Linda wrote EXACTLY what I was going to put for Prunt - EXACTLY! Whoa.
So, I shall join for...
Pschent - a pasta spy.
Okay, so that was my weak one, but it was all I had after Prunt. ;(

Birdie said...
As instructed I'm not peeking tho I'm finding that part difficult.
pschent - yiddish exclamation akin to "hogwash" example - Kid:"Mom, I didn't eat any dessert yet, I promise!" (said with chocolate sauce all about the face & neck.
Mom:"Pschent! Just look at your face!"
prunt - Ebonics for the word "front".

Jungle Mom said...
pschent- A scent which only a pshycic can smell.
prunt-when something is pretty burnt but still edible.

Cookie..... said...
Pschent- The opposite of Pschaw.
Prunt- Redneck fer, "Last night I done prunt to God about...."



Thank you to each and every one of you who have played Thesaurus Thursday over the last year!! You brighten each week with your smarts and silliness. Please feel free to display the awards on your blogs as you see fit!
with much love
Mightymom.

No comments: