My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Show and Tell/Finished Project!


Yeehaw!!

Now that my oldest is just about ready to lose his third tooth, I decided it was high time to make the family a Tooth Pillow.

Did you have a Tooth Pillow?

I did but Subvet'd never heard of them.

See the little pocket on the front? That's where you put your tooth for the Tooth Fairy. She then comes and takes your tooth and leaves you some money in the pocket.

~~it's easier for the Tooth Fairy than trying to find your tiny tooth under your pillow without waking you up!~~

Once again all the fabric, stuffing and thread came out of my closet. Actually these two fabrics were just what was on the top of the top bin of fabric in the closet. It's a bit wild, but I like how it turned out.

:-)

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a great idea! Makes complete and total sense to me as then the tooth doesn't get lost and the Tooth Fairy has very easy access!

Stephanie D said...

Yep, I'd hear of them, but not til I started quilting. The kiddos should love this--all bright and colorful!

Mrs4444 said...

It's really cute! This reminds me of the many times the tooth fairy forgot to come, and I would "find" the money under the bed or under the covers, etc. This pillow would make such fakery difficult! :)

Susan said...

Good job and cute. No we never had a tooth pillow or had I heard of one until recently.
Susan

Harry said...

Very cool. I've never heard of it, but I assume the kids liked it?

ellen b. said...

Love your tooth pillow! Well done
:0)

Anonymous said...

I need to do this. Gooood idea.
Question: what kind of craft can i make to remind me...um, the Tooth Fairy, to retrieve said tooth and leave the money!!??!!