In the past 2 days I've been tagged twice! It's my first time to get tagged, so I'm looking forward to it. This is one of the tags, the other from Pen of Jen I'll have to take some time on and will do sooner or later.
OK, Glenn over at Ballseye's Boomers tagged me. If you do nothing else, go over there and read how and why his blog got that name. It's a FANTASTIC story!!
OK, on to the tag stuff.
HERE ARE THE RULES:
01. Post the rules before you give the facts
02. Players start with 8 random facts/habits about themselves
03. People who are tagged need to write their own blog
04. At the end of your blog you need to choose eight people that you tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment, telling them they are tagged, and to read your blog.
OK, let me think here, I'm gonna challenge myself and make it non-kid oriented AND something I haven't discussed online before......
1. In my 32 years on this planet, I've moved a total of 13 times so far. That doesn't count going back and forth to Waco each school year for college.
2. I hate white walls. Each bedroom and my living room are painted a different color. My house was referred to as "The Easter House" by one friend of the family (he's an artist).
3. I can do most handcrafts, including: quilt, sew, needlepoint, cross stitch, crochet, embroidery, & latch hook.
4. For most of my life, the gifts I give at Christmas have been handmade. This started due to poverty in my childhood and is something that I've chosen to continue in my adulthood.
5. I still believe in Santa Claus. I may post on the story of why at another time.
6. I had a very lonely childhood, I would imagine Jesus sitting at the foot of my bed and have long conversations with Him. Come to think of it, I still do. He frequently laughs at me. (as in, "you silly child")
7. I am by nature a pack rat. This does not go over well with my sub sailor husband who wants to throw everything he can away as soon as possible.
8. About 2/3 of the books my children now have were mine as a child, some were my father's.
OH wait, that last one was kid oriented. Let me try again.
8. I can't draw to save my life.
OK, now to tag folks, I'm gonna pick people that I don't already know a lot about. Those like Diane that have 100 things memes in the sidebar are out :-)
Are We There Yet?
Pen of Jen
Smoldering Embers in a Mohawk Campfire
The Cook Shack
As I was finishing up this post I got a call saying that my last living grandparent (I've had 8) has died. This is the "crazy" Grandaddy who sent out all the funny emails that I've occasionally posted. Needless to say, arranging the trip to Shreveport and the care of the 3 kiddos will take up a good bit of my time this week. So, say a prayer for our family, Grandaddy (if you're so inclined) and our travelings. And know that my online presence will be scattered at best.
Ecclesiastes 3:1&2 says "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die."
I guess it's now time for the old "[Johnson] mule barn" to officially and permanently close.
May God bless an eccentric old man who passed on a quirky sense of humor without which I would not know any of you because my blog would be dull dull dull!
Sugars and her Great Grandaddy at her baptism in May.