My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, July 27, 2007

That Girl Done Flipped Out!

Well, Ms Sugars will be 5 months old next Thursday and today 2 things happened that have me shouting for joy.

1) She now has a tooth! Bottom right cuspid (aka canine or eye teeth). Yup you can feel it justa poking up outta there. Bad mommy didn't even realize that she was teething till she had a 100.1 temp today and I went investigating the cause. I just thought she was fixin to grow and was fussy from being extra hungry. "Mighty Mom" indeed! Fooled me!

2) She rolled from tummy to back!! "This may not seem very important, I know, but it is so I'm bothering telling you so." (name that author)

The boys are both delayed. (No I don't blame vaccines, I've already had that conversation twice today.)
My #1 prayer for this girl is that I won't have to worry about her development. I want to have 1 child who just clicks along like they're supposed to. Until you've had a special needs child (or two) you can't imagine how lucky parents are whose kids follow the usual guidelines. Well, she's a little over a month premature, so we're starting off behind the 8 ball here. I was asked if she'd rolled over at her 4 month checkup and my heart sank....she's ALREADY supposed to be doing that???

However, when I looked honestly at the whole picture I realized that Subvet and I are to blame.

YUP, we SPOILED her!!

She spent all her time either in our arms or the swing, mostly in arms. So, I have spent the last 3 weeks putting the child down. For some reason this is hard. I guess it's paid off since she flipped tonight!




And no, her eyes aren't red, they're the same dark denim blue that mine and the boys' are. (Subvet's are a light sky blue)

Also, I'd like to take a moment to tell you about a particularly huge blessing that I've received. When our friends and family found out that I was pregnant with a girl, clothes literally started showing up on our porch. I have 3 friends with daughters who brought over a TON of hand-me-downs and (of course) the grandmothers went nuts, along with several other gifts. Last night and this morning I went through all of her clothes and pulled out the 3-6 month stuff so that I could wash it and move her on up. Subvet and I have not yet bought her any clothes at all. She started in Preemies, then Newborn, then 0-3 and now 3-6. Let me show you the enormous amount of generosity I'm talking about here.



Do you see those 2 overflowing clothing tubs?? That's just in 3-6 month size!! There are still 2 tubs PLUS a diaper box that're full of clothes in larger sizes in her closet. As I told Subvet, this girl ain't gonna go necked any time soon!

Seeing as how we're not millionares, you can imagine that our finances do get stretched tight at times. (Can you say diapers?) We have truly been blessed by this outpouring of love and generosity. And I thank God for it.

4 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

I love that you received so many clothes! I understand the idea of spoiling a baby...guilty done that.

I understand the delays, and adapted my thinking as to the best he can be, not what the world expects. I think that your kids are ever so blessed to have you as their mom, cause you obviously are doing all and more for them to have the very best life that they can have.

MightyMom said...

Thank you

Please pass the Kleenex.

Carole Burant said...

Awwwww she's such a little cutie pie!! Good for her for starting to turn herself...you're right, if you're always holding her or putting her in a swing, she'll never learn to do these things:-) That is so wonderful that you've received so many clothes for her...at the cost of clothes today, it's a blessing for sure!! xox

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Yay for Sugars!! Woo hoo!! :-)

What a blessing it is to have those clothes given to you. It costs as much or more for baby and kids' clothes as it does for adult clothing.

Emmy had so many things given to her that she's still got plenty of things to grow into. I've been tempted to buy her a few things but I've restrained myself so far. She'll need plenty of things later on but right now Emmy is blessed with all she needs and more.

Have a great weekend! :-)

Diane