My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sending you over yonder

Well, as I said earlier, my muse made up for lost time by giving me a bunch of posts yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't write any of them down. And after reading a zillion very funny jokes at The Chief's Place, and watching this very long and informative video in 5 parts about global warming at Cookie's Place, my mind is sooo numb I can't remember my name. I had to go visit my own profile to remember what movies I like to see. Just don't ask me when the last time I saw a movie was.

So, My Sweetie Subvet is wanting to get some debate started about universal healthcare. This is in response to "Sicko" the movie. If you have any questions, thoughts, answers, ideas or concerns about national healthcare please go visit him. If you happen to live in a country (or have lived in a country) that has universal healthcare your opinion is especially appreciated.

Thanks, I'll get some sleep and see if the muse comes back tomorrow.

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, MM. Your queso sounds good, but I'm a purist. I prefer my Rotel dip with just the Velveeta and the Rotel tomatoes. But everyone else in the family likes theirs with everything but the kitchen sink in it, LOL! I call it "Garbage Dip". They like either sausage or hamburger in theirs, along with canned chili and/or salsa among other things.

Regarding Emmy, I think she has reflux, too. But my daughter swears she doesn't spit up with her at all. And she is not fussy at all. She will be smiling and spewing at the same time. A lot of times when I burp her she spits up as the burp comes up, like she has no control over her gag reflex. She gags herself chewing on her hands, and sometimes she gags on her pacifier.

What kind of medication was your baby taking? Jessica has to take Emmy back to the Dr. in the next week or so and I want her to ask him about possibly giving her something for reflux. One thing about it, if it doesn't help we'll know it's probably something else and not reflux that's the problem.

Hope you're having a good week so far. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

MightyMom said...

Oh, I wish it were as simple as if this doesn't work, it's not the problem. Actually there are several medicines for reflux. We started with Axid, (most MDs will start with Zantac) the Axid didn't help and she started not gaining as much weight as needed so we switched her to Prevacid. It's worked great. One thing that will help you in the meantime is to make sure she sits up for at least 30 min after each feeding. Laying down makes the reflux worse. Even though Sugars isn't sitting alone yet, I had to sit her swing up more for her. I realized that with it reclined all the way when she swings forward she's basically on her back. Sounds just like Emmy has reflux to me. They usually don't gag on the passy, it's just that the "gorge rises" while the passy is in the mouth and they gag and spew. I hope that you and Jessica can work this out to Emmy's best interest. I know that as a first time mom it's sometimes hard to realize that what you see everyday isn't actually what most kids do. It's just your routine so you don't think about it. I was actually that way with Sonshine's speech delay (and I'm a Pedi nurse!!!) It wasn't until Subvet said something's not right here and I took his concern to the MD that I realized what was right in front of my face. If you can go with them to the MD that would be great, or tell Jessica to ask the MD for you...to help you feel better. Since you've had her the most hours of the day this week, you're a good judge of how she's doing right now....the reflux may have developed recently. I don't know, I'm too far away :-) Let me know how it all works out. She sure looks "fat and happy" in those pictures!!

Pen of Jen said...

I will go over to your Hubby's blog...I must say that I gave you an award...Check either of my blogs out(penofjen below the caption contest) to see what I said!!!

Way to rock!

Cookie..... said...

Okie dokey MightyMom...the Global Warmin series is over...and I'm back to more jokes & funnies...and a real heart touching video I'm sure you'll enjoy.....