My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Perspective

Someone disappointed me today and I was very angry. In talking the situation over with Subvet he said, "See, now you have something to talk about on your new blog." I thought yes....BUT....



It was that BUT that got me to thinking. My Grandma Lillie taught me that you choose what you focus on. You can focus on being angry or you can accept things "as is" and find a way to improve the situation. My mom says "You can get glad in the same shoes you got mad in." And Subvt says "You're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution." So OK, I was PO'd for an hour, what did it accomplish? It didn't solve the issue that made me mad in the first place, but I did waste energy on fuming about it which then stole a little bit of my patience away from the hooligans (my kids). My conclusion is this: with 3 hooligans under the age of 4, I need all the patience I can muster for the. "Welcome to life on life's terms" -- another Subvet-ism. And besides, it is - truly - a wonderful life!

No comments: