My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hieroglyphics

When Sonshine was 18 months old he had about 5 words, total. That began our journey with "Therapy". Subvet and I thought he'd never say I love you Daddy or be able to tell someone his name if he got lost. Now he's 3 1/2, only 2 years has passed. Not only does he tell us he loves us all the time and can tell you his entire name. He can also spell his first name. He knows Galatians 5:22 by heart and he's now learning the 12 disciples (apostles). These are solely due to a wonderful CD I bought called the Kingdom Kids Club. Scripture set to music. Today, he spent 10 min learning how to correctly pronounce "hieroglyphics". We don't watch TV, but they can watch some Veggie Tales, Barney, or Little Einsteins on DVD. Hieroglyphics came out of a Little Einsteins video. What I've realized is that he can learn anything I will teach him. He learns "differently", but who cares? Not me, that's for sure.

Oh, wow, what a wonderful life I have!!

No comments: