My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Different kind of Valentine's Box

 
So, as we have each year, the kids made Valentine's Boxes for their school parties.  In order to do this quickly (because we always excel in procrastination) I empty some Kleenex boxes and cover them in typing paper, then let the kids draw whatever they want on the boxes.  This usually produces your typical hearts and flowers type of boxes......
 
 
Except that this year my oldest (10 year old) darling was left unsupervised while decorating his box.  I walked in to see what he'd decided to put on his box to find this:
 
 





I told him, "This is a VALENTINE'S DAY BOX, son.  I want to see some HEARTS on it somewhere!"  and then I walked out to help someone else get ready for school.....

I come back to him proudly showing me this:



"I put hearts on it Momma!  Look!  There's (from left to right) A Vampire's Heart, A Zombie's Heart, A Ghost Heart, A Frankenstein's Heart, A Werewolf's Heart, A Mummy's Heart and a Swamp Creature's Heart!"

Well, what could I say? 
I freakkkkking LOVE this kid!
Take if from me folks, AUTISM IS FUN!!!!!!!!
Have a great day.