My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting exciting around here!!





Dear Darling Daughter,Please note that pull-ups are NOT reusable. They do NOT need to be washed. And therefore do NOT put them in the washer anymore! The 2 pair of pull-ups that got washed in the last load of darks was The End of the recycling experiment! Got it?!




Wow. I must be overwhelmed this year. I'm crying my eyes out because a totally unexpected chain of generosity is making it possible to get my kids' Santa pictures done at a convenient time!!! Unexpected generosity amazes me!!



You may know that I work 6 nights a week, this makes it hard to do things that can only be done during "normal" business hours. Last year we had the most fantastic Santa pictures made EVER!




Pretty amazing with 2 Autistic boys!! But I got in the virtual line at 10am and didn't get the pics till 6pm. This year I just can't devote a whole day to waiting for our number to come up. I've been very worried about this situation and really wanting those pics. Matter of fact I'd have to say if I had a Christmas wish for this year, it'd be an easy way to get pics with that awesome Santa.

So, I happen to have a friend who happens to work at the store where Santa is taking pics this year. She happened to be there at a time when there happened to be NO kids/shoppers around. She was asking about the best times for us to show up for pics and "told Santa about [my] family." Santa said to come when I could and he'd move me to the front of the line! WOW! That's it! My Christmas wish has been granted......without me ever asking for it out loud to another person. I can't WAIT to see Santa!! And hug his neck.


I have another amazing Santa story to tell. Watch for it in a day or two.





Decorated a bit more last night.....

kids had a great time searching out the 2 new things that went up










And, of course, our Elf on the Shelf chose a new spot to watch from.





Plus we finally we able to open the first door of my Advent Calendar!!


The kids are so excited! I spiffyed up the box with some holly and glitter! I love that we rememorize the Christmas story each year with this simple and fun tradition! I added a new twist, this year I printed the daily verses on some sheets of ink jet magnetic paper that a friend sent me awhile back! Now it's more permanent and easy to just plop on our freezer each day!!




No comments: