My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Budgeting





Just a little something to remember when you think about how much money you're spending on gifts this year!!



Advent scripture for today

7 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Jessica's 22 years old and she'd be perfectly happy with a big box of bubble wrap to pop. ;-/

Merry Christmas to you and your gang, dear friend.

Love and big Christmas hugs,

Diane

Nancy said...

I remember those days of bubble wrap popping when my kids were young. LOL Cute photo!!!

Susan said...

Too funny.....and yet not funny. I remember how much fun my kids use to have playing inside, and with a large cardboard box.
Susan
P.S. Praying for Sugars operation.

Sara said...

I know, right? We're keeping Christmas extremely simple this year (read:cheap). I think it's wonderful---so much easier and stress-free!

Mary said...

Sarah, Yes, kids love the simple things. Brandon used to love to play with a pot and the wooden spoon. It was his drum.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and thanks so much for your kind words of love and support.

Blessings,
Mary

Mary Ellen/Nunly said...

My dog goes nuts when she sees bubble wrap. She grabs it and starts shaking and biting it to make it pop. She's even thrown it on the floor and tap dances all over it to get it to pop. I've never seen a dog react that way to bubble wrap.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Don't ya love it!?! I even like to play with bubble wrap!!! Yes, you could give me some and I be perfectly happy!!!! :) Cathy