My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thesaurus Thursday

Welcome to Thesaurus Thursday, 2009.

This game has brought me great joy and taught me many new words! I'm glad to continue it into this new year. Welcome to all newcomers!! Take a minute and peruse our "game rules" here, then come back to this post and join in for big fun and enormous laughs!


Are you ready??

Last week's official definitions were:

rappen - a bronze coin and monetary unit of Switzerland; centime

rapparee - 1) an armed Irish freebooter of the 17th century 2) any freebooter or robber.


Congrats to these Silly Geese:

Jungle Mom said...
rapparee, Much like Gymboree, it is a place to take your children and learn to 'rap' together.

Stephanie D. said...
rappen--what I'm usually doing the last 20 minutes before we open gifts on Christmas morning!

Linda said...
Rappen - similar to knocking but not as loud.


APPLAUSE!!
APPLAUSE!!!
APPLAUSE!!!!



Thanks! y'all cracked me up!!


The words for this week are:


rasorial

ratite



For those of you who are new this year, all words and definitions come from my 1992 Random House Webster's College Dictionary. I do not pick proper nouns or words that I know the meaning of.

For all winners, the Awards will continue to be found on my sidebar to pick up at your leisure.

Now don't forget to leave your comments for the new words!

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Woo HOO! I'm back on my game. This is one of my favorites of all the blogs I visit.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh! I know!!!!

RASORIAL: I remember in high school our principal would announce on the PA system every A.M. that everyone must be appropriate in their sartorial affair. Meaning everyone should dress appropriately for school. Rasorial is the new sartorial! Meaning if your raggedy ass underwear is peeking out of your pants you need to go home and change!

RATITE: That's also easy. Any galvanized metal garbage can is know as a "ratite" can. Ratite means rodents cannot get into it when the lid is properly used.

Rita Loca said...

rasorial:short for 'real sore tail'.( Bad, I know but I am drawing a complete blank.

ratite:a new explosive like dynamite but made from Radio Active Tea.