My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finally!!



You might remember Jacquie's Spring to Finish Challenge.

Well, 8 weeks and 3 days later...

I have FINISHED my surprise quilt!

While working on this quilt I have listened to the following books.

Dracula by Bram Stoker
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum
and am currently listening to
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain

Love love love the free audiobooks app for my iphone!!

I'm very pleased with how this quilt turned out. It represents many FIRSTS for me.

It's the first quilt I've made for someone who wasn't a member of my family.
It's the fastest I've ever finished a quilt.
It's the first time I've labeled a quilt.
It's the first quilt I've made that represents something...almost like an abstract painting.
It's the first quilt I haven't delivered by hand.


And, it's a prayer quilt. Many prayers have been said for it's recipient during it's making. I hope it will bring her many smiles and comfort on hard days.

Now, as soon as I can get to the post office (probably Friday) it will go winging its way to some (hopefully) unsuspecting lady. I'd sure like to see a picture of her face when she gets it. Barring that I shall take pictures of it before I ship it and once she lets me know it's been received I'll post them. So stay tuned.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Can't wait to see it!

ellen b. said...

Well done girl!

Adrienne said...

So pretty!!

Lisa said...

GORGEOUS colors! SO pretty, Sarah! What a wonderful gift!