My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, June 11, 2010

ellen b. this is for YOU!

We really enjoyed our trip to the Dallas Arboretum last Monday! Unfortunately the batteries in my camera were still dead and I forgot to buy any new ones, so my pictures are from the phone and not terrific.

The special areas open on Mondays through the summer were well worth the trip! I haven't been to the Arboretum since my wedding there in 1999, and it's grown considerably! We walked around for almost 2 hours....and probably only saw 1/4 of the grounds. I'd love to go back and head in a different direction next time.
But this trip was for the kids. So our first stop was the petting zoo.



Gator and the goat.



Sonshine and gator with a goat.


Gator brushed anything he could! including this chicken!


That's the top of Sugars' head as she tries to decide if she wants to brush the fat goat (no, not pregnant..I asked)


Gator even brushed the black bunny! poor bunny....


And of course, we had to talk to the horse....


On to our main attraction....Beatrix Potter Land!
I know!! I'm just glad that the BUNNY looked at me! (or maybe he's looking at the carrot?? nope. He was looking at the camera.....right?!!)


This is Peter Rabbit's House...

Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle's house


Jemima Puddleduck's house...

Yeah, couldn't even get the fox to look at me for this one! Course, he was too interested in what was inside...


ayup, real live white ducks living in there!!

And Mrs Tittlemouse's house!

Inside each house were a few furnishings that you could look at and play with, and off to the side they had set up for up close viewing in cages a rabbit, a hedgehog, and a couple of brown mice.



Then, on our way to Mr McGregor's House we found...


Frogs....


yeah, I know....next time I'm gonna draw a face on the back of my phone!



Perfect on this warm summer day!





You can't tell due to the picture quality, but that's a fat and lazy white bunny sculpture in the center of that garden!



We saw a few other areas of interest before heading back to the car....




Through the trees here and there you could see White Rock Lake.
:-) a good time had by all.

Next I think we'll go and feed some giraffes, maybe this Monday if I can reschedule my doctor's appointment.....

Enjoy your weekend folks. I'll be around to read your blogs over the next couple days.

7 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

WOW!!!! Your cell phone camera takes pretty good pics! Can just see how wonderful your time was there!!! Wishing you well! Cathy

ellen b. said...

How long is that Beatrix Potter exhibit going to be there!? I wanna go!! :0) Looks like you took in a lot and it was hot judging from Sugars hair...

ellen b. said...

I just saw that it's there till July 31st...

Harry said...

Nice photos. Enjoy your time off. I've been playing a bit of catch up too. Busy times.

Cookie..... said...

Great read and great pix amiga. Enjoyed this visit. Man, yur youngins are grow'n like weeds my friend. Bet the food bills are starting to climb. I had four so I've been there done that! ;-)

What I enjoyed most is the picture of that surly old cantankerous retired "bubblehead" Chief Petty Officer. That's probably the only time in my life I'd be able to say that the Submarine Chief! ;-)

Lori said...

Now THAT looked like a great day!

... said...

what a great place to take the kids. looks like kids and adults alike would have a blast. hope you all did.