1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself? Well, the one thing I "splurge" on is fast food. About once a week I get a hankering for something *anything* that is handed out a window!! Now I don't actually buy fast food every week. I'd say on average a couple times a month.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? I made a topiary garden on facebook's Farmville! haha. No, really I'd say the last one I finished was Sugars' apron. The last one I started was embroidering my hooligan's newborn footprints on squares for my Mommy Quilt.
.3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right? TOO SMALL!!! We are positively busting at the seams with 5 people and 2 cats in 1300 square feet! On a "zero-lot" to boot. I want to buy me some 10 acres of LAND and build me a big old house where every person gets their own WING!!
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore? reading by the pool. (I'm not big on outdoor chores....)
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not? Nope. I can't stand the smell!!
.6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride? either, so long as we GO!! I love road trips no matter if they take 2 hours or 2 weeks -- I get it from my Dad.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit? That stupid game that I can't play worth beans. Honestly, I don't know that anything is truly trivial. Even the little things can make a difference to someone.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it? Well, we turned off Disturbia after about 20 min. Not because it was boring, but because it was looking to be a scary movie and I've lost all desire to see scary movies. Books it takes me a long time to give up on. Matter of fact, there are only 2 that I've ever not finished: Where the Red Fern Grows and The Good Earth. although Don Quixote is making it's way onto that list too.
.9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates? not really although I've always like the "rolling like thunder--under the covers" phrase in Elton John's "I guess that's why they call it the blues"
.10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you? 3...not terribly.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob? only when it comes to Dr Pepper, Blue Bell, Le Seur Peas, milk that ISN'T past the date stamp, Bubba Burgers, Del Monte Light fruit, hubby's spaghetti sauce, Digiorno Pizza, and a few others ;-)
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.) my weight.