My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Another Meme...there's more to come......

Tagged by Cookie
1. Wrapping or gift bags?I prefer to open wrapped gifts but I usually reuse gift bags as they're quick and easy and I'm always wrapping at the last possible second.  This year was a record.  I put my MIL's gift for Mon night in a bag that my gift from my Step-mom came in on Sun night.  :-)
2. Real or artificial tree?Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree?ummmmm when I get tired of waiting for hubby to do it. This year he beat me :-)
4. When do you take the tree down?when I can no longer convince hubby to leave it another week...

5. Do you like egg nog?Love it, never had it spiked. It was great to be pregnant at the end of the year as eggnog has a ton of calories and I could just say I was drinking that second quart "for the baby"...

6. Favorite gift received as a child?See post titled "Santa Claus"

7. Do you have a nativity scene?I have 2 small (Mary Joe and baby) nativity scenes, a pattern for a quilted nativity scene I will "one day" get made and am now on the lookout for a preprinted pattern for a stuffed scene.....saw at Preschool and loved it...

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?I really can't think of one.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?mail. I prefer real mail, and real books etc. I will frequently print something before reading.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?A Christmas Carol. (with Michael Caine for those who're interested.)

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?ummm, well, since we have a youngin b-day at the end of November and Subvet's B-day is late Oct I do birthdays and Christmas at the same time usually early to mid October definitely finished by mid Nov. I refuse to go near a mall during December and will only go to WalMart if absolutely unavoidable. For all the gifts I make I try to start about Sept/Oct.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?things that are edible. (pecan pie if I have to pick)

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?Colored

14. Favorite Christmas song?Grandma got run over by a Reindeer. And NO they did not play it this year either. I'm hoping hubby will find it on clearance at Walmart this week.

Diane, I haven't forgotten your meme...I'll get there this week too. Anyone else tag me when I wasn't looking?? Please let me know. And Sondra, if you're lurking I need you to leave a comment cuz your URL is one I lost in the Technical Difficulties. Actually folks, I've made my rounds as best I can tonight so if you didn't get a Merry Christmas comment from me you need to leave me a comment.

6 comments:

Pen of Jen said...

Love the meme...the song Grandma got run over by a reindeer too silly too funny...

Love pecan pie, maybe my second favorite pie!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I love egg nog too! I'm always sad when it disappears from the dairy case in late December....

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Mighty Mom,
I loved reading your Meme. We have a few things in common as well. I prefer handbags and I also use some used ones. Hey, it's quicker and cheaper. LOL. I had a Pecan Pie for Christmas this year. My Mother made it and brought it too me. I love Eggnog as well. I don't think I've ever had it spiked either. I hate to see it gone at the end of Christmas. Looks like they would sell it year round especially for Pregnant Women so they can get the 2nd Quart for the Baby. LOL. I thought that was just too cute. I love multi-colored lights on my tree. Thanks for sharing your Meme with us. Maybe Subvet can find Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer on clearance for you. If he does, you can listen to it year round. We take our tree down after the first of the year. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours. I have 2 Nativity set's myself.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Berber said...

I hope you've a had a wonderful Christmas!

... said...

fun meme. hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend it's me. Hope you had a Blessed Christmas. Love learning things about you. Attitude got a little better. I'll email ya. Love ya!