My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I got some splainin to do....

So, in our last blog post, I said I was gonna get off the computer and go work on Sugars' quiltblock.

However, about 15 min later Gator came down the hall....vomited water all over the floor and himself, and proceeded to register a 102.5 temp. Which prompted yet another 4am trip to the ER, only to learn the boy has pneumonia.

"His lungs look fluffy" said the doc.

yipee-skip says I.

we came home with some antibiotics and instructions to follow up with our Pediatrician. Which we (or rather he and Dad as I was sleeping) did yesterday. She gave us more antibiotics and now we're waiting for her to tell us when to go get another chest xray to track the progress of the pneumonia.

here's to hoping his lungs have been de-fluffed.


in the "Oh what a difference a day makes" department.

as I was signing him into the ER Tues morning Gator, my wild child, sat on the floor at my feet. When I asked if he wanted to look at the fish while we waited he went and sat on the chairs near the tank.

Wed morning I kept him while Dad took Sugars to school. He ended up getting a spanking because he wouldn't stop doing headstands on the sofa.

and no, I don't think gravity will help clear his lungs faster......

I'll let you know what the next xray shows.

One thing about my life, it's NEVER boring!

5 comments:

Linda said...

The best laid plans of mice and men are oft times vomited on before being led astray! Yep, you is a mama!

Here's hoping for de-fluffed lungs and better days!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Yep, I can attest to that...Life with children is NEVER boring...Even when they are gone and on their own. Wouldn't want any other way! Thank you for your visit! The doily was a gift from a friend whose grandmother made it. It is a treasure! Wishing you well...literally! Cathy

Sara said...

Pneumonia is never fun, but it can be peaceful when those kids are a little sick. I hope his lungs de-fluff quickly! (never heard that before!)

Lisa said...

Fluffy, huh? Well, at least it's a non-threatening sounding word for them to use... It sounds like he's not feeling too awful bad, too. Hopefully you guys 'll be thru this quickly! Sheesh! It's spring! No more sickies! (Dropping a word to our buddy, St. Martin de Porres for him.)

ellen b. said...

Praying that God will de-fluff his lungs!!