My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Friday, December 25, 2009

a White Christmas





Well, this NEVER happens here.

Matter of fact, one report said the last time it happened was 1926.

Usually we get snow the week before Christmas...sometimes the week after...but never ON Christmas....till tonight.


Frankly, I could do without the 12 degree windchill...but that's just me.

All toys are opened and assembled. I've thoroughly tested out the Thomas the Tank Engine Train Set as well as all 3 engines and 6 cars....just to make sure they all work right. Took me several tries and about 45 minutes plus 2 trainwrecks to make ABSOLUTELY SURE they'll work for the kids in the morning.....

matter of fact. maybe I need to give them a test run in the opposite direction.....just to work out all possible glitches....




Did I mention I've always wanted a train set?

Enjoy your Christmas Day everyone! I'll be sleeping as I must work tonight.

8 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Test those toys all you can!! After the hooligans wake up, you won't get a chance. How's Sugar's ears? The snow is deep enough here my sister got high centered in a drift coming over and fell down. We aren't going to get the full 23"--was downgraded to about 15", but all the interstates and roads are closed on the east side of the state. All the people we are having Christmas with tomorrow are right here in town (less than 1 mile apart) and we can 4 wheel it over. Take a look at the goodies I baked. Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, coconut pie, sour cream raisin, candies, and I have cocktail sweet'n'sour smokies in the crockpot. All ready to make some potato dumpling soup. the white elephant gifts are wrapped (snickering--they are NOT getting what they expected!)

Susan said...

Glad you're getting your train set this Christmas!!!1
Susan

Harry said...

Have a Merry Christmas. And enjoy what snow you have. We've got rain scheduled all day.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Enjoy it while you can...We're just getting high winds and cold weather without the lovely snow scene!! Enjoy this Christmas Day!! Cathy

Stephanie D said...

How fun is that?

We still have bunches of snow from last Friday's storm, and last night it started raining--buckets!
All the trees in my neighborhood had ice on their branches when I got off work this morning. Not enough for a power outage, though, thank goodness!

Sara said...

Great idea to set it up "for the kids" first, so you can get all your turns in without having to share! I hope you had a blessed day!

ellen b. said...

Whoa! Snow!! Fun.
The train set looked like lots of fun!!
Happy day after :0)

... said...

did you get that train set for you? or the kids? =)

do you texans know how to handle the white stuff?