My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

goals


Goals for last week were:

1) quilt 3 diamonds
2) dance with Richie 3 times..adding at least one song.



1) is done!! now up to 6 quilted diamonds on this quilt...12 to go.
2) I only did my Richard Simmons tape once this week, but I did add another song!...after that I got sick and didn't feel like exercising.



Goals for next week:
1) quilt 2 more diamonds
2) exercise 3 nights.


cheer me on folks!

Oh and Steph asked me:
How are you able to stand that blanket across your lap in a Texas summer? I could understand if it was January....

answer is I married a YANKEE! He keeps the thermostat at 66 during the day and 69 at night. Now, since it's about 100+ in the day and 85 at night it actually stays right around 70ish inside. Which to me is chilly. I prefer 75-80 myself. So most of the time I'm found with a blanket over my lap...like right now for instance!


this makes quilting in the summer no problem at all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats...
beautiful work!
~AM

Kori said...

I love that quilt, and I had to laugh because at our house, the man keep the AC on in the house and I seleep with two big blankets on me-and it's summer. I am not a naturally warm person AT ALL.

Stephanie D said...

I freeze J-Man out, but that's only because of his affected side, since I keep the thermostat set at 72-73. However, with the new system last year, it's been really comfortable, at least, for me. He might put on a lightweight jacket at times, and sleeps with the electric blanket all year, but I'm just fine! lol

If I put a quilt across my lap, I'd have to turn that thermostat down more, and hubby would probably suffer from frostbite!

Nice going on the goals!

ellen b. said...

Well done MM! Keep at it! Rah, rah! Is that cheering or what?! I keep a blanket close by to because my guy likes things cooler than me...

... said...

great job and keep up the good work!!

that was me cheering you on =) but it's given with all sincerity.

glad you're feeling better.